Independence Day Lotto Rules
Make sure that you have familiarised yourself with all of the rules and regulations of the Independence Day Lotto before you purchase your entries. All of the necessary information regarding registering, purchasing entries, lotto rules, prize odds and prize payments can be found below. You can also visit the How to Play page for more information. If you have ever tried your luck on the Lotto India draw, then you are more than likely already familiar with all of the rules and regulations since Independence Day Lotto is its special annual bumper draw.
Accounts and Registration
- A valid email address is required to sign up for an account. All users will be asked to provide personal information, such as full name and address, to be able to register.
- A verification of the registered email address will be required upon registration.
- The minimum age to register and purchase entries is 18.
- A single entry costs ₹40. Entries will only count as valid once payment is received.
- Entries to the draw will be accepted until 5:50 PM IST on 13th August. Any entries which have not been paid for are not deemed as valid.
- Independence-day.in, partners and agents may refuse entry to the draw without any reason or notice to the players.
- It is each player's responsibility to confirm that they can legally participate in this draw. Prizes may not be awarded if the winning player does not meet the requirements to enter the draw.
- No entries may be refunded or cancelled. All entry sales are final.
About the Independence Day Lotto
- The Independence Day Lotto will take place at 6:00 PM IST on the 13th August starting from 2021.
- An Insured Random Number Generator (iRNG) is used to draw the winning line. This will randomly select the main six numbers and the seventh Joker Ball number. The main six numbers can be anywhere ranging from 1 to 50 whilst the Joker Ball can range from 1 to 5. These seven numbers are the ‘winning line’.
- The ₹400 Million jackpot is won if a player has a valid entry, where they have correctly matched all six of the main numbers together with the Joker Ball.
- The six main numbers do not need to be selected in the same order that they have been drawn in. For example, if you have picked 4-35-18-24-45-01 but the draw was not in that order, your numbers are still winning numbers.
- The six main numbers do not have to be matched in the same order that they are selected by the iRNG or in the order that is displayed on the results page on the website.
- The Joker Ball cannot replace any of the main six numbers to constitute a win.
- Independence-day.in and their partners have the right to alter the date and time of the draw at their discretion.
Prizes and Payments
- Only prizes outlined on the Independence Day Lotto Prizes page can be won by players.
- Be aware that currency conversions apply for this draw. Make sure you have checked how much you will be winning in your preferred currency via the Currency Conversions page.
- The ₹400 Million jackpot, if won by multiple players, will be divided equally amongst them.
- Players are eligible to claim any prizes won if they have a valid proof of age and address. These can be in the form of a passport or utility bill.
- Checking the Independence Day Lotto Ticket Checker and matching the numbers does not constitute a win. A player has only won if they are the holder of a valid entry.
- Any prizes won will be directly paid into the players online account. Players then have the option to withdraw any winnings from their account.